Did you ever think I'd let my kids get SO dirty!?
I'm blogging, when I should be bathing. As you can guess from the title and the accompanying pictures (though they do NO justice as to how dirty my kids really were), we all got a little dirty tonight. I finally took the kids to one of Mike's softball games. Wyatt has been wanting to go forever, but they always run so late and usually the kids don't do so well staying up that far past their bedtime. Today I caved and decided to take them since it might be Mike's last game for the year.
I started out thinking that it would be fun to get some ice cream, sit in the bleachers and eat it while we watched. Nice idea, but by the time we got there it was all melty and they'd eat a few bites, run around, come back in for more (all the while the dirt was sticking to the chocolate streaks), over and over until I finally tossed the goopy mess. It was a double header so we were there for a while, and the kids did good but they definately didn't sit and watch the game. They made up a few of their own, which included; filling a garbage can with rocks, burrying their legs in the dirt, running away from mommy and yelling at daddy while he was out on the field. At one point Cora did a complete belly flop in the dirt - looked just like her daddy, Mr. "slide into base" and "diving catch", who was by far the dirtiest of all of us. By the time it ended Cora was saying "sleep" and Wyatt was sad to leave but managed to sneek a ball out, that he has now taken to bed with him. :) Overall it went great, a couple foul balls coming over the fence and few foul mouths had me a little worried, but the balls missed us and the kids didn't notice what was being said. It was cute and very fun and I'm sure they will sleep great tonight!
2 comments:
Cute! Glad it was your kids and not mine! :)
This is too funny! Maybe Wyatt will be a little ball player....it's probably good to get dirty every once in a while (maybe more so when they're older and can clean up by themselves). Sounds like lots of fun - know how you feel about the rough days (previous entry) - seems like I lose it every once in a while too...no worries!
Post a Comment