Spring is here!

Spring is here!
blooming daffodil fields

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Random Happenings from the Hobbs House

It's been an interesting past few days around our house! Started off with Mike's ear swelling up (the outside part) due to the start of "cauliflower ear" from constantly getting knocked around in jui jitsu. He had it drained last Friday and came home looking like this, and though it was Halloween he insisted that he was not going out like this. So he took it off and it swelled right back up! Monday he went to practice and heard a "pop" in the same ear and by Tuesday morning it had swelled to the point that it was affecting his hearing and hurt really bad - not to mention looked a little gross! He went back to the Dr yesterday and had it drained again and is now not allowed to remove the head wrap until he sees the specialist tomorrow. However this time Wyatt chose the color (he let Cora pick last time which is why he's wearing pink!) and it's a green head wrap. Unfortunately this means no tournament for him Sat. :( Since it was affecting his hearing he had to see the Dr and couldn't wait until after the tournament and is now sidelined until it heals. At least he looks cute in a head wrap!

Another rare and random thing, Monday my children sat together calmly on the couch and Cora let Wyatt read to her (didn't insist on holding the book), and Wyatt willingly sat and did it! In fact he read her 3 or 4 stories until lunch was ready. This is rare because at this time of day (the "I am really needing a nap" time of day) they are usually running back and forth bouncing off the couches while I fix lunch as fast as possible so I can strap them in their chairs!

I can't quite believe I am posting this one, but Abby said I should, and since I'm really not a shy person at all.......
Today Cora was in our room and apparently (so Mike tells me), picked up this article of clothing and said "wear dis!?" So he put it on her and out she proudly pranced. I have to say it's a little disheartening that my 19mo old can wear my bra and not have it be any bigger on her than this! Keep in mind that he criss-crossed the straps and cinched it up in the back so that she could wear it. :) Girls do love their mommy's clothes!



3 comments:

Abby said...

Love the bra photo! Way to go Cora!!

Brent, Amy, Cash and Maci said...

This is all too funny - I love Mike's head wrap (the pink is quite attractive). At least this way Cora probably won't be forced to wear a bra when the time comes (I went kicking and screaming) -she's a natural!

Levi and Stephanie Teasley said...

Cora...I love the bra...you go girl! And yippee for sweet bro and sissy moments!